I have been pretty lazy throughout my whole life. In my 20’s waking up at 930 am has been challenge . I am pretty sure lot of you will be able to relate.
As I grow older(30+) , I was able to naturally wake up around 730 am . That is good enough a corporate America employee . But that was not enough for me. I have lots of ambition which needs more time that. I estimated that I need at least 3 hour in the morning .
So I tried couple of things. I don’t want you to waste your time on what I tried and failed like a youtube click and bait.
Here is what worked for me.
JUST PLAN TO GO FOR A WALK AFTER WAKING UP.
I enjoy walking while putting some music in my phone . So if you don’t like to walk at all it might not work for you.
Here is how the process worked for me.
- Before going to bed, I just think of the good music I listened recently. And I try to imaging myself walking while playing those music. I do not use any electronic device while thinking about it.
- Even though I wake up fully at 730 am , I still wake for a little bit around 6 am and then again go to sleep. By imaging about the walk while playing music the last night, I started feeling the urge to wake up fully at 6 am when my sleep initially starts to break off.
- I started going for a 1 hour walk after waking up at 6 am . Yes I made my coffee before going for the walk .
- Now you must be wondering what is the point of doing it because i ended up walking the whole time .
- The magic happened after a week. I gradually started waking up automatically at 545 am and then 530 am and then around 5 am. With the 1 hour walk, I started getting 1 hour of free time.
- It eventually became a habit for me to wake up at 4 am . I still walk for an hour. But good thing happened is my mind became ready by 5 am to invest in the matters that I want to work on for fulfilling my ambition.
Still I don’t have the full 3 hour, but I do have 2.5 hour and I feel I am happily using it rather than being tired.
Hopefully my technique will work for you too.